Frosé has been one of the trendiest drinks to have all summer long. Did you know you can make it quite easily yourself at home?
Whether you’re entertaining, having a hen’s do, an engagement party or catering your own wedding, this drink will keep everyone cool on a hot summer’s day.
750 ml bottle dry rosé
½ cup (125ml) sugar
1 cup (250ml) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ cup (125ml) raspberries
¼ cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
1. Pour rosé into a freezer-proof container and freeze for six hours, or until almost solid.
2. Pour sugar and ½ cup (125ml) water into a medium saucepan set over medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
3. Add strawberries and raspberries and simmer for another 3 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to infuse. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids), cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
4. Transfer frozen rosé into a blender and add the lime juice, 1/3 cup (80ml) of the syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice. Purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé has thickened to a milkshake-like consistency, which should take about 25–35 minutes.
5. Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses, serve immediately.