When you’re in the midst of wedding planning, you might find your guest list is starting to blow out big time, especially if you have a big extended family or a really large social circle.
Some couples think that bigger is better, while others prefer a much more low-key, intimate affair. Neither is right and neither is wrong… the only thing that matters is what is right for YOU as a couple, despite any pressure you may be experiencing from family and friends. Make sure you stand your ground and get the wedding YOU want!
First, you need to decide what will suit you and your partner (and hopefully you can agree on this!) Do you believe in “the more the merrier” or are you more “keep it simple” in tastes?
Here are the the factors that come in to play when deciding what to do:
- You’re only planning to get married once, so why not go all out and spoil yourselves?
- You have a big family (or two big families!) and weddings are a great time for everyone to get together.
- You’ve been dreaming about a big fairytale wedding your entire life.
- You want everyone to be there to share your big day.
- It’s going to be an amazing party!
- You only want the closest people to you to be there – the ones that matter most in your lives
- You want to take a lot of stress and pressure off. With a smaller wedding the cost, numbers and organisation is reduced.
- With less wedding guests in attendance, you can spend more time talking with each guest.
- Because it’s small you can splurge on things like your dress, suit and the destination.
- You have greater venue choices both in Australia and overseas because you don’t have to accommodate huge numbers.
Remember, there’s no right or wrong way to do it. Some of you are going to have huge weddings, others are going to have more intimate affairs. As long as it’s the number you and your groom want, that’s all that matters.