A new survey has found that millennial brides are finding it hard to switch off their phones on their big day – with 84 per cent revealing they used social media on the day of their wedding.
Online UK retailer Onbuy.com surveyed 837 brides to see how social media channels influence weddings and have changed typical wedding routines.
It found that 78 per cent of couples announce their engagement on social media within 24 hours, while a further 11 per cent share it digitally within a week.
In the planning process, Pinterest, of course, is a big part of many brides’ routines these days. 67 per cent of women use Pinterest and have a wedding board before they are even engaged., while 42 per cent of brides planning a wedding claim that looking at social media wedding posts from other people makes them feel anxious for their own.
Onbuy.com also found:
- 84 per cent of couples use social media on the day of their wedding
- 19 per cent of digital addicts use their phones during their wedding party!
- 64 per cent of couples requested their guests use a unique hashtag when uploading Instagram photos
- 11% said they would rather not have photos shared of their wedding posted online
- 7% of people requested their wedding be unplugged