If you’re having a same sex wedding, or going to one as a guest, there’s a good chance some of these songs will feature on the playlist during the celebrations.
Event venue website Eventopedia analysed thousands of Spotify playlists with names such as “gay wedding 2019” or “LGBT wedding” and extrapolated that these were featured at same sex weddings this year. The average release year of songs on the list was 1988.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
- Dancing Queen – ABBA
- It’s Raining Men – The Weather Girls
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac
- September – Earth, Wind & Fire
- Best Of My Love – The Emotions
- Born This Way – Lady Gaga
- I’m Coming Out – Diana Ross
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman! – Shania Twain