Choosing wedding rings is kind of a big deal: they’re the most important item of jewellery either half of the couple is ever likely to own or wear.
Men’s wedding rings grew in popularity in World War II to remind soldiers posted overseas of their wives back home. They’ve increased in popularity ever since, and are now a major fixture of modern weddings.
Choosing the right ring will come down to the individual tastes and preferences of the couple. Factors you need to take into account include whether you have hobbies or work in an environment that could cause damage to the ring as well as personal tastes and budget.
When it comes to what Aussie grooms are choosing in 2019, Lord Coconut – Australia’s only retailer, gallery and online boutique selling contemporary jewellery with men in mind – has identified the top trends in men’s wedding rings:
- Average ring size sits between size R and U ½
- The majority of rings are 6mm in width and under
- The average cost of a men’s wedding ring is $1060
- 9ct gold is the most popular material for men’s wedidng rings
- White gold is the most popular gold colour
Top image: Lord Coconut.