How to get featured on Put A Ring On It
We’re always on the look out for inspirational real-life Australian and New Zealand weddings, proposals and styled shoots to feature on the website. If you have a wedding from elsewhere in the world we may still be interested as we want to inspire our readers.
Here’s what you need to know before submitting content:
- Photographs should be from a wedding/engagement/styled shoot that took place within the last 18 months.
- Couples: your submission should come through your photographer – if you’d like to be featured please ask your photographer to send the photos through to us.
- Photographers: if you are sending a submission through, make sure the couple give you permission to feature on the blog and ensure they are available to answer any questions about their wedding.
- Please send through approximately 30-40 non-watermarked images, without borders, at least 1000px wide, saved at 72dpi in JPEG format, uploaded to a Dropbox, Pixieset, PASS, Shootproof gallery or similar where the files can be downloaded from.
- Email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that describes the wedding style and location, eg: Submission: Laid back Byron Bay beach wedding or Submission: Colourful retro Melbourne wedding. Please don’t attach images to your email. Please do include a short paragraph or two about your wedding in the email, don’t just send through random links.
- If your shoot is accepted, a questionnaire will be sent to the couple to complete before publication, telling a little bit about their love story, their wedding day and a detailed list of the vendors they used. There’s no need to do this unless the shoot is accepted to save everyone’s time!
- Keep in mind we like to see detail shots such as flowers, shoes, cakes, reception and ceremony styling and décor etc. Real weddings are featured to give brides inspiration so make sure to send your gorgeous shots of dresses, bridal party attire, hair and make up and so on as well. Details aren’t everything though, as much as we love them. We love emotions and love and any fun, cute, candid moments you’ve captured as well! Try to tell the story of the day from getting ready through to the reception.
- Photography can be a subjective art form but in general we want to feature images captured by professional photographers. Photos that look clean, are well-edited and aren’t overly processed are preferred.
- While we LOVE black and white, please submit mainly colour photos – but don’t be afraid to throw a few B&Ws into the mix.
- A good mixture of horizontal and portrait oriented photos are also needed.
- Don’t submit collages of photos.
- If you have published the content elsewhere, please also indicate that in your submission. This won’t necessarily prevent you being published on Put A Ring On It, but we do need to know. Please don’t submit content that is currently awaiting confirmation of publication on another blog. If your submission is successful we ask for exclusivity for one month after publication before you submit the images elsewhere. This doesn’t include publication on your own website or on another vendor’s website.
- You agree that if Put A Ring On It publishes your content on the website, we may also share some of the images on our social media accounts.
To thank you for allowing your work to be featured on Put A Ring On It, we will feature a short promotional bio of the photographer so prospective brides and grooms can get to know a bit more about you.
Unfortunately not every wedding will be a fit for Put A Ring On It. If your submission is rejected, please don’t be disheartened and please don’t be discouraged from submitting other content in the future.
You will hear back from us within two weeks, advising if your submission has been accepted or not.
Photo credit: Caroline Duncan Photography